This is a very versatile SEARCH engine - You can enter any text, numbers, codes, dates, singly or in combination. (e.g. London 35030 MN 15071967)
Welcome to the online railway and train photo archive launched in March 2017. Please read more below.
EXCITING NEWS-OUR FIRST VENTURE INTO BOOK PUBLISHING
SOUTHERN SUNSET '67
This new book, published on July 31st 2017, is a pictorial tribute to the last steam locomotives of British Railways Southern Region.
- Compiled by the acknowledged expert on the subject
- Uses a wide range of over 275 colour and black and white archive photos
- Sumptuously printed on (136) NOW 144 glossy pages with hardback covers
- We are delighted to announce EIGHT extra pages added during production so we could cover some of the 50th Anniversary events in July 2017, but no change to the price!
- Detailed coverage of every Southern Steam loco that existed in 1967
- Special sections on rail tours and foreign visitors, the Isle of Wight, the last weekend, the Salisbury and Weymouth dumps, Scrapyard stories and the revival of Southern steam since 1967
This is truly the perfect souvenir for the 50th anniversary of the end of steam traction on British Railways Southern Region which occurred in July 1967.
OUR PHOTO ARCHIVE
We are working to display a wide range of railway images, historic and contemporary. We hope you will enjoy your stay here and see many interesting train and rail photos, most previously unpublished, as you set off on your journey through our website! We are pleased to announce all our photos are for sale using our very easy online facility and we also offer digital downloads for editorial and commercial use, or for private collection.
We are building up a wide range of photos of steam, diesel and electric trains, particularly those operated by British Railways between 1948 and 1968,but will also be adding galleries from earlier days, and the 'Rail Blue' era in the late 1960s and 1970s. This will cover the time when British Rail operated its diesel and electric powered corporate image business,which evolved into separate sectors in the 1980s. We will also cover the break up of the nationalised system which occurred from about 1993, when the privatised railway companies took over. some of which are still key operators in the 2010s. The preservation era will not be neglected and selected images will be added later.
Please visit our galleries, via the thumbnail links below, to browse our collection or go to the SEARCH FOR IMAGES page to find particular subjects.
Please bookmark this page and have a 'daily return' to our website as we normally add new images on each day.
TO BROWSE OUR IMAGE GALLERIES (click on any of the topics below)